Sportspick Punters Challenge Championship Competition – Summer Series (Season 3) - Terms & Conditions of Entry (effective as of 18 November 2023)
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions of entry.
2. The Promoter is Full House Group Pty Limited, 17 Atlantic Drive, Keysborough, VIC 3173 ABN: 91 131 570 440. The Promoter and its related companies are referred to as the Promoter Group.
3. These terms and conditions of entry apply to the Competition being conducted by the Promoter for the Sportspick Punters Challenge Championship Final event. Entries not complying with these terms & conditions of entry are ineligible and the Promoter reserves its absolute right to disqualify any Participant from the Competition if any entries do not comply with these terms & conditions of entry.
4. In these terms & conditions of entry, unless the contrary intention appears, the following words and phrases have the meanings set out opposite them:
4.1 "Punters Challenge Championship (PCC)" means the period during which winners of Punters Challenge competitions may qualify for the PCC Final. This period will run for eight weeks, starting on 18 November 2023 and concluding on 6 January 2024.
4.2 "Punters Challenge” means the local venue Saturday race tipping competition(s) operated via Sportspick through which entrants may qualify into the PCC Final.
4.3 “FHG” means the Full House Group Australia Pty Ltd ;
4.4 “App” means the Sportspick mobile app downloadable via the Google PlayStore or Apple AppStore.
4.5 “Sportspick Tipster Terminal” or “Tipping Terminal” and/or “Sportspick App” means the interface on which entry and tipping in the PCC competition takes place.
4.6 “Competition” means this “Sportspick Punters Challenge Competition -Summer Series (Season 3)” and, where the context dictates, is a reference to the specific Punters Challenge Tipping Promotion which is the PCC Final; 4.7 “Condition” means a condition of these terms and conditions of entry;
4.7 “Entry Code” means the 6 digit code issued by a participating venue to a qualified participant to access entry into a Punters Challenge.
4.8 “Agent” means any one of an Agent, Contractor, Representative of Full House Group Pty Ltd or Entain Group Australia.
4.9 “Immediate Family” means any one of more of a person’s wife, husband, defacto wife, defacto husband, parent, step-parent, child, step- child, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister.
4.10 “AEDT” means Australian Eastern Daylight Time and “AEST” means Australian Eastern Standard Time.
4.11 “Race” means a single race, of and conducted by a State Thoroughbred Racing Authority.
4.12 “Participant” means a person who is eligible to participate in and who has successfully registered for entry and qualified into the Competition through conditions in section 5 below. “Entrant” has the same meaning;
4.13 “Registration Time” means the date and time at which an eligible person successfully registers for entry into the Competition;
4.14 “Results” are the results of races as officially determined by the relevant State Thoroughbred Racing Authority at the time that correct weight is declared on the day of the race;
4.15 “Event” means a series of races that will form a tipping competition under the “Punters Challenge” brand;
4.16 “Unclaimed Prizes” has the meaning given in Condition 21;
4.17 “Score” means the allocation of points to a Participant for the PCC event in accordance with these terms and “State” means an Australian state or territory and New Zealand;
4.18 “Web Site” means the web site of the Promoter at www.sportspick.com.au accessible on the Internet through the World Wide Web or via other wireless platforms connected to the Internet;
4.19 “Sportspick Member ID” means the identification number assigned to each entrant and used for the purpose of submitting tips and assigning scores via a “Sportspick Member Card” or “Venue Member Card” or “Mobile Number” if using the Sportspick App.
4.20 “Qualified” means participants that have officially won a Punters Challenge competition (with at least 5 entries in it) during the Punters Challenge Championship period. “Qualify” means to become Qualified.
4.21 “PCC Final” means the event held on 13 January 2024, with only Qualified entrants being invited to participate. The prize pool and operation for this event is set out in these terms and conditions. Please also see sportspick.com.au for information on playing Sportspick generally.
5. The PCC Final will take place on 13 January 2024 with entry into the competition opening for all Qualified and accepted entrants up to 48 Hours prior to the first race of the event, and closing at the scheduled jump of the first race of the PCC Final event. You must be Qualified to enter the PCC Final.
(a) Qualification for the PCC Final will begin on 18 November 2023 ("Commencement Date") through 6 January 2024 (“Closing Date”).
(b) To Qualify for the PCC Final, an entrant must win any local venue Saturday Punters Challenge tipping competition (that has a minimum of 5 entries into it, including the prospective qualifier) during the Punters Challenge Championship qualification period referenced in 5(a).
(c) An entrant may only Qualify once into the PCC Final event.
(d) All players who tie for first place in a qualifying event will qualify for the PCC Final, subject to each venue’s tiebreak rules.
WHO MAY ENTER THE PCC FINAL
6. (a) Entry is open to all Qualified residents of Australia and New Zealand who are over the age of 18 and provide their full name and mobile phone contact details upon registration into the competition.
(b) Employees of Full House Group Australia Pty Ltd and the Promoter Group are not permitted to enter. HOW
TO ENTER A PUNTERS CHALLENGE (AND QUALIFY FOR PCC FINAL)
7. To Qualify, you must win a Punters Challenge (with at least 5 entries in it) during the Punters Challenge Championship period. To play Punters Challenge, , an entrant must:
(a) Visit a registered Sportspick Venue and bring their or obtain a “Sportspick Member ID” card or download the Sportspick App and complete the registration process or sign in, and
(b) Obtain an “Entry Code” from the participating venue; and
(c) Select the Punters Challenge option on the Sportspick "Tipping Terminal" or “App” and submit tip selections for each race of the event.
8. A person is only required to successfully register once via of the entry method specified in Condition 7 (a) to be registered to participate in ongoing Sportspick Punters Challenge competitions. An entrant must provide their full name and contact mobile number upon registration.
8A. A Punters Challenge competition is subject to and operated per an established set of terms and conditions, which can be found at: www.sportspick.com.au/CompIntroAlt.asp?CompType=Punters%20Challenge
(a) For further information on participating in a Punters Challenge, please visit the immediately above link. The website hosts the terms and conditions, scoreboard, a detailed list of the prizes, details of races, and a list of venues where you can participate.
8B. To become Qualified, you must win at least one of the Punters Challenges competitions that you enter during the Punters Challenge Championship period. This is the only way to Qualify for the PCC Final.
HOW TO ENTER AND PLACE TIPS FOR PCC FINAL
9. A Qualified participant must use the following method in order to submit their tips for a particular weekly event:
(a) On 13 January 2024 (and up to 48 hours before the scheduled jump of the first PCC Final race), while logged in as a Qualified member, access the PCC Final competition via the Punters Challenge Championship Final option on either the Sportspick Tipping Terminal (using your Member ID) or App.
(b) After swiping your ID at a Sportspick Terminal or opening your App, a participant will be able to view the PCC Final interface. This will allow entry into the PCC Final tipping event. The participant then selects the horse that they tip to win each of the nominated races for the event within the time frames set out on the Sportspick website (www.sportspick.com.au) and/or the “The Race Card” printout available from the Punters Challenge Championship section of the Tipping Terminal.
(c) there is a limit of one entry per Qualified person in the PCC Final.
10. CHANGES TO TIP SELECTIONS.
(a) Tips can be changed at any time up until the close of the PCC Final provided the original Qualified member account that was used to place the initial set of tips is used each time a change is made.
(b) At the official start time of the first competition race, the competition will no longer be open for tipping.
(c) If a tip on a particular race is to be changed, tips for all races must also be changed at this time and a receipt issued from the Tipping Terminal printer (if tipping via the Tipping Terminal). Tips changed on the App can be made for each individual race.
(d) The last set of tips submitted by an entrant will be the set to count towards the score tally for the Competition.
11. CALCULATION OF SCORE.
(a) Scores are calculated in the PCC Final using the Ladbrokes Fixed Price SP Odds for each race as a nominal $1 each way mock investment for each selected horse.
(b) Scores will be available on the Sportspick Tipping Terminals, Venue digital displays, and the Sportspick App, approximately 15 minutes after each race following declaration of "correct weight".
12. The prize winners of the Sportspick Punters Challenge (PCC) event will be determined as follows: Participants will be ranked against all other Participants in the PCC Final competition and the top 10 scores will win the prizes as per prize schedule in condition 13 below.
Final calculation of total scores of each entrant will be finalised within 2 hours of correct weight being declared for the final race of the PCC Final on 13 January 2024.
(a) for the sake of clarity, prize winners do not need to be present at their local venue at the time final scores are determined.
(b) scores will be calculated by the Promoter’s systems and personnel based at 17 Atlantic Drive, Keysborough, VIC 3171.
(c) the details of each prize winner will be published to the Promoter’s Sportspick Tipster Terminals (and Venue terminals) where available, Sportspick App, and Sportspick website within 72 hours of being determined. This information may also be requested from the Promoter by contacting via [email protected]
Schedule of prizes (cash, AUD) as per table:
PLACING PRIZE 1st $5,000 2nd $2,000 3rd $1,500 4th $500 5th $500 6th $100 7th $100 8th $100 9th $100 10th $100
14. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter Group and all other members of the FHG expressly disclaim liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury which is suffered or sustained in connection with any participant’s participation in this Promotion or the acceptance of any Prize.
15. All winners will be contacted by Sportspick (FHG) (either by phone, email, or SMS) to confirm correct spelling of name as per entrant bank account for the purpose of drawing up the prize cheques. This will occur within 6 days of the competition concluding.
15A. All winners will be earmarked for a potential future Punters Challenge style event, which will be designed, operated, and concluded at the sole discretion of the Promoter. If the potential future event crystallises and has a date set, the Promoter may elect to notify each prize winner of this Competition and invite them to register for participation.
16. Prizes will be distributed to the respective Sportspick venues for all winners via bank cheque the Friday immediately following the conclusion of the PCC Final.
17. In the event of tied scores, the prize categories will be combined and split evenly amongst tied entrants. Ie. If there is a 2-way tie for 2nd place, using the prizes above, each of the 2 tied entrants would receive $1,500 - (($2,000 + $1,000) / 2).
18. Rules in the event of an alteration to the competition race details: In the event of a postponement, abandonment or cancellation of a race or races nominated for tipping in the competition; the following rules will apply:
(a) If 1, 2, 3 or 4 of the nominated races are postponed, abandoned, or cancelled; the event will continue and tipping will be conducted on the 4, 5, 6 or 7 remaining races with results and scores applied respectively. A minimum of 4 races must be completed for the PCC Final to be valid.
(b) If 5 or more races are postponed, abandoned, or cancelled; then the event will be declared void and the PCC Final will be replayed the following Saturday. If this occurs, all relevant dates in these terms and conditions will automatically be delayed by 7 days to enable the continuation of the PCC Final. For the sake of clarity, the Commencement Date and Closing Date will not be automatically delayed.
19. Rules that apply in the event of a scratching of a nominated runner.
(a) If a selected runner is scratched after an entrant has submitted tips, then the entrant will receive the horse that has been assigned the number 1 saddle cloth for the race in question as a substitute selection. If the number 1 saddle cloth is scratched, then the entrant will receive the number 2 saddle cloth or number 3 saddle cloth and so on until a runner is found.
(b) It is the responsibility of the entrant to check the official scratchings for each race before submitting tips in any Punters Challenge event.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner of any prize to provide proof of identity, proof of residency and proof of eligibility to enter the Competition prior to awarding the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification will be at the discretion of the Promoter.
21. There will be no unclaimed prize draw as this is a tipping competition where prizes are awarded to known entrants.
22. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not claim (bank cheque) a prize or element of a prize within 52 weeks of the conclusion of the relevant event, then that prize or portion of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that prize or element of the prize. (a) If possible, the Promoter will determine a runner up per the scoring system in clauses 11 and 12, excluding the entry that forfeited the prize. The runner up will receive the relevant prize money instead. If this occurs, the runner up will be determined within 14 days of the prize being considered forfeit. Once determined, the runner up will be notified (phone or email) within 7 days of being determined, and contact will be made (phone or email) to determine the method of delivering the prize (EFT or cheque, noting it cannot be in physical cash).
PRIVACY AND MARKETING CONSENT AND DISCLOSURE
24. If a Participant is a winner of a prize, the Promoter Group will disclose that Participant’s first initial (or full first name if provided), surname and name and suburb of their Registered Sportspick Venue and State of residence to the media, who will publish these details. The Promoter will also publish these details to its Sportspick Tipster Terminals, Sportspick App, and its Sportspick website. If a proposed Participant does not provide the required personal information they cannot participate in the Competition. A Participant can gain access to their personal information by contacting the Promoter.
25. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be entered into a database. Information resulting from the Participant’s entry and participation in a promotion is used by the Promoter and its agencies associated with the Competition for the determination of winners and distribution of prizes awarded to Participants. Participants consent to the publication of their name and Score in the results section of the Web Site. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any loss of reputation, status or otherwise in connection with a Participant’s tipping selections and consequential results.
26. Information and photographic images of the Participants may also be used by the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies, for the purposes of carrying out marketing, planning, product development and direct mail and promotional campaigns unless a Participant otherwise withdraws their consent to the use of their information in this manner.
27. By entering or participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to receive emails, phone calls, SMS or other electronic messages from the Promoter in relation to the administration of the Competition, including those containing marketing or promotional material.
28. Participants will automatically be entered into the FHG marketing program. Participants agree to receive mail, emails, SMS and other electronic messages, including those containing marketing or promotional material, sent by the Promoter under the FHG marketing program. Participants may unsubscribe from the FHG marketing program at any time using information contained on the mail or electronic message.
29. To the extent that an issue arises for which these terms and conditions of entry make no provision, or in relation to which the relevant terms and conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to make a decision regarding any such issue in its sole and absolute discretion.
30. The Promoter Group and its agencies associated with the Competition are not liable and do not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line failure that may result in a Participant’s entry not being received or received properly whether by the Sportspick Tipster Terminal or via the App.
31. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. The Promoter Group shall not be liable for any manufacturer defects in prizes or for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) as a result of taking a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements and disqualify any Participant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter including but not limited to using techniques or methods to avoid payment of any SMS costs. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any prize winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner or winner’s entry is of a type described in this Condition.
34. Notwithstanding the Promoter’s rights to not accept or to subsequently disqualify a Participant, the Promoter will not be liable for any legal action arising out of any name being slanderous, defamatory or unsightly to the public at large or any similarly sounding or related group and any Participant who uses a name which is subsequently found to be slanderous, defamatory or unsightly in any way will indemnify the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies from any legal action, claim or dispute arising in relation thereto.
35. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. To the full extent permitted by the law neither the Promoter Group nor any of their associated agencies accepts any liability for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property arising from or in connection with this Competition.
37. If for any reason the Promoter determines in good faith and its sole discretion that the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any event beyond the control of the Promoter which might corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or which may change the intended result of recent or hinder its determination, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion at any time and recommence it on similar terms and conditions when and as determined by the Promoter (subject to any written directions from any state gaming authority).
38. In the event of a technology failure; Sportspick database error, loss of internet connectivity in venue; power outage or any other such event that prevents an entrant from submitting tips via the Sportspick tipping terminal, FHG is indemnified from any responsibility. Under no circumstances will “Manual tips” (tips outside App or Terminal) be accepted into the PCC Final.
39. Subject to state lottery laws, if the Promoter reasonably considers that a change to these terms and conditions is likely to benefit entrants or be of immaterial detriment to entrants, then the Promoter can make the change immediately and does not need to notify entrants. Alternatively, subject to state lottery laws, the Promoter may vary these terms and conditions by placing a notification at all places where these terms and conditions are made available to entrants.
40. If the Promoter is prevented from or delayed in performing an obligation by Force Majeure then the obligation is suspended during, but for no longer than, the period the Force Majeure continues and any further period that is reasonable in the circumstances. “Force Majeure” means any event beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, which occurs without the fault or negligence of the Promoter.
41. TPL Permits: ACT - TP 23/02373